- Your guide on how to hire a Node.js developer.
- Ideal for building highly-scalable, data-intensive, and real-time apps.
- Its package ecosystem,npm, is the largest ecosystem of open source libraries on a global scale.
What is Node.js?
The niche where Node.js really shines is developing fast, scalable network applications. Thanks to Node, we have web applications with real-time, two-way connections where both the client and server can initiate communication.
Why do Developers Like Using Node.js?
With 46,000+ stars on GitHub, Node.js is very popular in the tech scene. These are the perks that make it favorite among developers:
- Great for prototyping and agile development.
- Great for building super-fast and highly-scalable services.
- It’s easy to learn.
- A Node.js app can be built twice as fast with fewer people.
- Can decrease the average response time by 35%.
- It has the largest ecosystem of open-source libraries.
What is Node.js Used For?
If you’re building real-time applications with chat features like WhatsApp or collaboration features like Google Docs, Node.js is the obvious choice. Node.js should be your main pick if you’re looking to create single page applications, AJAX-intensive web apps, and streaming applications. When Node.js is used for the backend, it results in speed and performance improvements.
Made Possible With Node.js
Node.js today plays a major role in the technology stack of many high-end companies who depend on its unique benefits.
Uber. Have you ever needed to get to a concert quickly and used Uber? Well, without the flexibility and reliability that Node.js provides, you probably would have missed that concert.
To keep up with the pace of its massive business demands, Uber has built its matching system on Node.js. It’s one of the three companies that first put Node.js into full production and credits the open source server-side technology with its ability to process lots of information, quickly.
Nasa. Did you know that thanks to Node.js, Nasa’s astronauts are kept safe? A few years ago, Nasa took on the challenge of creating an end-to-end system for data on the full lifecycle of spacesuits. This had to be done well, fast and as inexpensively as possible. They chose Node.js to make it work.
Walmart. When Walmart set its sights on becoming an online retail leader, they chose Node.js to help them achieve this. The company needed to build a fast, reliable and bulletproof e-commerce system that can handle more than 20,000 hits per second. Walmart currently offers 23 million items for sale and is rapidly expanding.
What are the Advantages of Node.js?
Some of the most notable advantages of Node.js include:
- Thanks to the asynchronous I/O, you can accomplish more things with less code.
- It lets you write highly scalable networked apps.
- Node.js has been heavily tested as major companies like Walmart, Uber, LinkedIn, and Microsoft use it.
- It has a growing community of developers.
- Developers can code in the same language, both on the server side and on the front end.
- Real-time communication is managed by the loop so developers can spend more time working on the functionality of the app.
- It comes with many tools that can enhance your app’s readiness and performance.
What are the Disadvantages of Node.js?
Here are some drawbacks of Node.js that you should consider before you make the choice:
- Node.js’ API changes often, and the changes are sometimes backward-incompatible.
- With Node.js, developers need to write everything from square one. However, if you have internally developed good processes for developing and maintaining code, you shouldn’t worry about efficiency.
- Node.js doesn’t support multi-threaded programming yet.
- A large number of packages in the npm registry are of poor quality.
What are the Fundamental Technical Skills Every Node.js Developer Should Have?
Hiring the best developer is crucial for the development of your application. These are some of the skills you should be looking for:
- Knowledge of Node.js frameworks, IDEs, and tools.
- Experience in front-end design and development such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proficiency in RESTful APIs and API communications.
- Good knowledge of asynchronous programming.
- Working knowledge in user authentication and authorization.
- Error-handling skills.
How Do I Hire a Node.js Developer?
The first step is to create a well-written job description. The job description should include your company’s culture, the benefits of working there, relevant responsibilities, and the skills and qualifications that you expect the candidate to have.
You will be most successful in your search for Node.js developers if you attend Node.js conferences and meetups, search online communities, and stay active on social platforms.
To help you with the hiring process, we’ve compiled a list of the most important questions you should be asking any Node.js developer.
In order to hire the best talent, many companies worldwide also rely on third parties to screen and vet developers ahead of time to make sure they’re getting their time and money’s worth. Companies that work with Adeva have the opportunity to hire high-performing talent from our global developers’ community, evaluated with a thorough screening process. From communication and aptitude check to passion and personality check, Adeva leaves no stone unturned in order to locate the most qualified developer in a large pool of talent.
If you want to hire top-notch Node.js developers for your company, please schedule a meet with Adeva.