- Your guide on how to hire Vue.js engineers.
- Also a popular open-source tool for creating modern applications.
- Developers love Vue.js! Its npm download count is now at nearly 350,000 downloads per week.
The framework was designed by Evan You when he was working at Google. It came to life out of a need to develop more performant applications. Evan took some of the Angular templating syntax but removed the complex stack that Angular required.
Why do Developers Prefer Vue.js Over Other Frameworks?
What makes Vue so popular?
Only a large number of things:
- Vue is a mixture of the best ideas of frameworks like React.js and Angular.js.
- Its syntax is easy to understand.
- Vue is used by Laravel as its preferred view engine.
- The framework is not backed by a powerful company like Google but it’s rather maintained by Evan You as an open-source project
- You don’t need to know about webpack, Babel, or npm to get started with Vue.
Vue is already popular among developers and is steadily growing. Undoubtedly, we will see it becoming even more popular in the coming years.
Made With Vue.js
If you research Silicon Valley companies, you’ll discover a low usage of Vue. This is because these companies tend to employ tech used and validated by Facebook and Google.
Vue has an international usage and is being utilized by major Chinese tech industries:
- Didi Chuxing
Japanese developers also love Vue, and some of the more notable companies that use it include:
- Line Corp
Additional websites/platforms that were built with Vue include:
Moreover, there are some awesome open source projects now using Vue.js, such as Laravel, GitLab & PageKit.
View the extensive list here.
What are the Advantages of Vue.js?
These are the main reasons for Vue’s popularity:
- Vue has all the properties for a smooth and easy development.
- It’s lightweight, flexible, modular and highly performant.
- Developers say that it’s one of easiest frameworks to learn and master.
- Vue comes with amazing tools, as well as with efficient state management (Vuex) and routing (Vue Router) options.
- Developers love the Vue CLI – a system created to reduce to a minimum the time developers spend on initial project setup and scaffolding.
- The size of this framework is only 18–21KB and the user can download and use it in no time.
- Vue is a framework with detailed documentation and developers love it because it makes it easy for them to write their first application.
What are the Disadvantages of Vue.js?
Although the benefits outnumber the disadvantages, those using Vue should be aware of the following facts:
- Vue it’s not as popular as its fellow frameworks, React and Angular.
- There are more resources for React.js than for Vue.js.
- A large number of the users are non-English speaking communities. This makes it harder for English-speaking developers to learn from the problems other developers faced.
- It lacks full English documentation.
- Sometimes, Vue.js might have problems while integrating into huge projects.
What are the Fundamental Technical Skills Every Vue.js Developer Should Have?
Any proficient Vue.js developer needs to know:
- Knowledge of different platforms/browsers and how each work.
- Knowledge of frameworks.
- Understanding of async code.
- DOM manipulation.
- Comfortable with basic design tasks.
- A basic understanding of networking and HTTP-based APIs.
How Do I Hire a Vue.js Developer?
The first step of locating a Vue.js developer is to create a well-written job description. The job description should include your company’s culture, the benefits of working there, relevant responsibilities, and the skills and qualifications that you expect the candidate to have.
You will be most successful in your search for Vue.js developers if you attend Vue.js conferences and meetups, search online communities, and stay active on social platforms.
To help you with the hiring process, we’ve compiled a list of the most important questions you should be asking any Vue.js developer.
In order to hire the best talent, many companies worldwide also rely on third parties to screen and vet developers ahead of time to make sure they’re getting their time and money’s worth. Companies that work with Adeva have the opportunity to hire high-performing talent from our global developers’ community, evaluated with a thorough screening process. From communication and aptitude check to passion and personality check, Adeva leaves no stone unturned in order to locate the most qualified developer in a large pool of talent.
If you want to hire top-notch Vue.js developers for your company, schedule a meet with Adeva.